Subject: Re: [Leica] Helicopter Aerials - what about I.S. lenses ?
From: "Glen M. Robinson" <gmrobinson@imation.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:38:46 -0600

Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com> on 03/23/2000 06:54:51 AM

     --> I wonder if the Canon I.S. lenses are all that great
     for such an application ? Never used one.
     Maybe is there a lurker Canon freak who would comment
     on this specific application ?

I have not used my Canon 75-300 mm IS lens in a helicopter, but have
photographed many football games with it.  Most of my shots are at full zoom and
there is no way that I could make acceptable photographs inside the dim
Minneapolis domed stadium without the aid of this technology.  This is an
amazing technology and works well.

I find amusing the extensive and endless discussions about which lenses for
Leica cameras are sharper.  Easily the leading cause of unsharp pictures is
camera shake which nullifies the superb optical qualities of Leica lenses.  As
much as I hate to admit it, my football pictures taken with my Canon camera are
sharper than those that I previously took with my Leica M3 with a TE 90 mm lens.
Canon has gone a long ways towards controlling the camera shake problem.

Glen Robinson