Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bag
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:38:07 -0800

I am amused!
I recall the hoopla about bags a while bag. I got a Billingham bag, and I
like it though it is a little stiff, and sinze my old Domke was washed and
supple and battered... it took some getting used to!
The main thing I have learned is that there is no one single perfect bag. It
is like searching for the 'perfect woman'! You may find exquisite beauty,
and a trim form in either, but you never know how the 'attitude' will be
until you've carried it aound a while!
Anders likes the La Vie des Cafes, and wantes to carry a few books and a
newspaper, I am sure that Johnny Deadman moves quickly with a sparse kit,
maybe even a (GULP!, should I say it?) 'fannypack'!
I went to the "ebags' website, and was amazed- no, I was astounded and my
mind boggled at the variety of bags. Sizes, colors and dimensions I had not
even conceived of offered for sale!
I suppose that the bags in which we carry our beloved Leicas will be as
varied as our personal kits, and the permutations permitted by the varied
offerings from Wetzlar and Soelms!
Dan ( carrying a IIIa in a Tamrac Nr. 515 on some days) Post