Subject: Re: [Leica] Two questions
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:00:36 -0800

Kurt-
One- If it is late Thursday in Ann Arbor- it's already Friday in much of the
Leica World, so go to it!

Two- Total blather! I know that there was a lot of things said about the old
Hektor, but I can send you a shot I took with one last years of a bicycle on
the beach. It was taken from an eighth floor balcony, and into the sun. You
can still see the spokes on the bike, and the details in the shadows! The
only reason I sold it was because I had the 135 Elmarit, and it was
redundant while I lusted after an M6! If you are just starting out, or have
an LTM, or even an M with an adapter, the 135 Hektor is a greatly under
appreciated lens, and because of articles like you saw- very cheap!
I would say that aside from being a bit slow compared to the Elmarit, that
it would behoove you to at least ry one out. A good clean Hektor 135 might
surprise you!

Dan (Been there, done that, have the stitches) Post