Subject: [Leica] Re: Filter sizes - repost requested
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:54:46 -0000

I asked:

And Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> replied:

>I am not certain what you are seeking here.

Let me try to explain... Since the Series filters are hard to get and
apparently exist in only limited types, I need to remove the Series
filter retaining ring, and find a screw-in filter which will mate with
the threads originally used by the retaining ring. For example, one of
my goals is to get a circular polarising filter suitable for use on my
first-generation 50mm f2 Summicron-R. Even if this a filter was
available in Series form, the hood for this lens does not feature the
adjusting wheel needed to rotate the polariser.

Regards,

Doug Richardson