Subject: [Leica] Re: Pubic affairs, filters, and sales tax
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:51:46 -0000

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>

>Heliopan and B+W are German companies, not US firms.

I knew that...

>Neither list more than the very most popular of their filter sizes in
their catalogues;  the
rest are available by special order.

...but I didn't know that!

>Another choice, of course, would be to have an E44 to E52 or such
adapter
made.

Good idea - E44 to 49mm might be useful...

>Finally, there is no "US Sales Tax"...I have great difficulty
believing
that HM Customs would bother about collecting taxes for Delaware or
Montana

Most true, but as an author you will have little difficulty in my
explanation that the dreaded typo disease struck, and that I meant "UK
Sales Tax" - the UK's 17.5% value-added tax.

Typos sneak through the most zealous proofreading - one of my former
employers printed the term "pubic address system" in two
near-subsequent issues of the magazine. Responding to the second
incident, the editor printed a statement saying that the entire matter
had been referred to the magazine's pubic-relations department.

Regards,

Doug Richardson
International pubic affairs consultant