Subject: Re: [Leica] 25mm f4 Skopar
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:40:21 -0800

>I guess that as I approach the crux where I decide "Yea" or "Nay" on the
>Cosina lenses I should ask- "Is there any particular reason you might pick
>the 25mm over the 15mm or vice versa?"
>I know that Hans is a LTM user and simply because of that I would value his
>opinion! However, I am seriously wondering which might be more useful, and
>would love to hear what Hans' and others opinions might be.
>Basicall, what rationale made you either pick one over the other, or in the
>event you have both- which situations do you find yourself using one
>particular lens or another?
>Thanks!
>Dan (who can be serious when he wants) Post

dan,

i wound up with the 25 for the following reasons: first of all, i really
wanted a 28! the 25 was closer to that focal length than the 15. second of
all (and this was the main reason), i felt that the 15 would be TOO wide
for me.

while i am a fan of shorter focal lengths, i've never gone wider than 20
(back in my n**** days). i now use a 24 on the m, and a 25 on the ltm and
feel i have yet to master these. i'm not saying i'll wait to do so before
picking up the 15, but i know that it will be a 'very limited use' lens.
i'm not fond of the distorsion that this type of lens will inevitably give
me.

that said, if it performs as well as various luggers have said, i'm sure
it's a fine lens. inho, the 25 is also a great performer, and for the
price, you can't beat it.

guy