Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica in Japan was: Leica in Canada
From: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2000 22:51:11 -0500

Mikiro:

>Many, including me, would not have bought Leica if
>it had not been for Lemon Co.  IMO, this event will be a big
>loss to Leica.

Yes, they were a great Leica dealer. They had a much better selection than an "official" dealer a few blocks away in Ginza (near Yurakucho), a store that had "Gin" (silver) in its name, and whose prices were easily 50%+ higher. One could often find bargains buying Leica equipment in Tokyo (at Lemon) just after the yen fell against the dollar and before the yen prices had been raised. But there are some other grey market dealers in Tokyo that I assume will still sell Leicas.

- --Mitch