Subject: Re: [Leica] Odd M3
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:15:36 EST

In a message dated 3/30/00 9:51:07 AM Central Standard Time,
dpost@triad.rr.com writes:

<< t would not be a bad idea for Leica to re-issue a commemorative series of
 the M3! >>
Unfortunately, Solms Leica could not duplicate the M-3 at any price.  They no
longer have the craftsmen and craftswomen who can do the precision work
needed to duplicate the M-2, M-3 and M-4 cameras.  It would be like asking
the Ford assembly line to manufacture a Rolls Royce.

Check this month's "Viewfinder" for a superficial review of the problems with
present day M camera quality.  I am sure we would not want an in-depth review
from those who work on these cameras.