Subject: [Leica] Dweeby engineer type canon carrying lugger in Ecuador.
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:14:44 -0500

Actually  I started out at as an engineering major......  but after my
occupational aptitude exam came back saying I was most suited for life as a
circus clown... I changed majors and now I am a photographer...

I do use 3 systems..... Canon FD for travel and macro, Canon EOS for
portraits, events, flash photography and anywhere I need motors, zooms and
longer lenses as I shoot a lot of images between about 150 and 200mm...  I
use Leica M whenever possible for available light and situations where I am
working at 3 to 10 feet from people.  I shot 12 rolls of film last week with
my M's if that makes you feel better... And I'm working at the moment on
some B&W scans of stuff I shot at our hospital with my M...

But I've shot 18 rolls this last week, mostly portraits and a radio tower
raising with EOS....

I have days where I would like to shoot more with the M's..... but when I
get a couple of contacts with a lot of unexpected flare in the images... I
come close to putting them up on E-bay.

BTW.... George and I both shot with non Leica SLR'S and Leica Ms while he
was here...

Duane (I'm a not a dweeby engineer-type) Birkey

Duane's Photographs of Ecuador
http://duane_birkey.tripod.com