Subject: [Leica] update on adapter problem with 15mm Heliar
From: DavidS8451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:33:02 EST

Thanks to everyone who responded to my problem.  I went back and examined the
underexposed slides (Provia 100F) more carefully.  I think my problem was
mostly vignetting caused by the mis-alignment of the shade, but perhaps also
partially due to metering too much sky.  So yesterday I went to my local
camera store and went through their whole stock of adapters.  They didn't
have an original Leica adapter, but after trying 5-6 different Bower
versions, I found one that lines up almost perfectly.  I didn't have time to
shoot a whole roll of film yesterday at Great Meadows National Wildlife
Refuge, but I did both point the camera down to meter and use a separate
incident meter to determine my exposures.  I'll let you know the results next
week.

As someone who reads the digest and doesn't post very often, I want you all
to know how important the LUG is to me.
All the best,
Dave Schaller
Newton, MA