Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 100 now Bergger 200 OT
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 13:07:44 -0700

Ed Buziak wrote:
> BTW: Did you know that Ron Wisner (of Wisner Cameras) is trying to establish
> a user base for the old Kodak XX sheet film so that he can negotiate with
> Kodak on its reintroduction... continuing exciting times for traditional
> monochrome workers I think.

Hi Ed!

     Super-XX was great.  I had an 8x10 and thought AA was GOD.  I could
develop Super-XX to N + 5 in D - 23 (Metol and sodium sulfite) for about
an hour in a tray at 73 degrees.  The film could be greatly contracted
developed as well.  AA said it was 'the last of the silver rich emulsions'.
It had the longest straight line portion of the D log E curve and was
used for making black and white separation negatives from color materials
to be used in now discontinued processes like Dye Transfer and Tricolor
Carbro, both which had the highest light exposure stability.

     BTW, I still use D - 23 for 35mm and roll film.  Super-XX was sheet
film only, but it might have been available in rolls or 35mm early on.

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net