Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 100 now Bergger 200 OT
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 18:15:50 +0100

Rich Lahrson wrote:

> Ed Buziak wrote:
> > BTW: Did you know that Ron Wisner (of Wisner Cameras) is trying to establish
> > a user base for the old Kodak XX sheet film so that he can negotiate with
> > Kodak on its reintroduction... continuing exciting times for traditional
> > monochrome workers I think.
>
> Hi Ed!
>
>      Super-XX was great.  I had an 8x10 and thought AA was GOD.  I could
> develop Super-XX to N + 5 in D - 23 (Metol and sodium sulfite) for about
> an hour in a tray at 73 degrees.  The film could be greatly contracted
> developed as well.  AA said it was 'the last of the silver rich emulsions'.
> It had the longest straight line portion of the D log E curve and was
> used for making black and white separation negatives from color materials
> to be used in now discontinued processes like Dye Transfer and Tricolor
> Carbro, both which had the highest light exposure stability.
>
>      BTW, I still use D - 23 for 35mm and roll film.  Super-XX was sheet
> film only, but it might have been available in rolls or 35mm early on.
>
>                                 Cheers,
>
>                                                         Rich Lahrson
\

                                                       tripspud@wenet.net
I recall Super xx was available in 35 mm in the early fifties just before the
advent of tri-x, naturally.  I even used some, but I was just a callow youth
of 14 at the time so I don't remember much about it.  I do recall that the
introduction of tri-x then rated a asa 200 blew away the contemporary
competition along with super xx in 35 mm
John Shick