Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W paper
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 12:49:33 +0000

Dan,

I share your thoughts and findings on the Ilford vs. Agfa line... I used to
use Ilford products 90% of the time until they launched MG IV. Whilst many
other folks (and reviewers especially) loved it I found I couldn't print at
all with it... must have been my negatives that were wrong after 30+ years
of home-processing <S>.

Although I can't get a decent print from Ilford MG IV... their new
"Cooltone" paper (OK, plastic) is superb... they have GOT to bring it out in
the real stuff, and when they do it will be a VERY popular material. It
isn't all that "cold" to look at when processed... and it can be made to
look almost warm in the right brew, but it sure is a rich paper (sorry, I
mean plastic).

Ed Buziak / Publisher
Camera & Darkroom magazine

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk