Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: B&W paper
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:27:05 +0000

Gerry,

Much of this brand repackaging - who makes what for whom and when - has me
stumped most of the time... however, I received a bundle of goodies from the
German MACO company (Hans O Mann) amongst which were identical (apart from
the name) packets of MACO and US branded Arista paper. They also supplied me
with a very good Infra-red film which is much better than the Ilford SFX
product. I'd e-mailed a sizable order for materials with MACO and given them
my Mastercard details... and they responded by sending me copious amounts of
film, paper and chemistry without any charge to my card.

On a more bizarre note... when I tried to obtain samples of the American
branded Chicago Centennial Albumen Works POP printing-out paper from the
manufacturer Kentmere (here in the UK, for lurkers), their MD told me I
could only obtain **testing/review samples for promotional use in the
magazine** from the official outlet in Chicago. I ended up having to buy the
paper from America to do the review... talk about UK company co-operation...
it's on par with Ilford UK who haven't returned a call to me for over a year
- - and I called them at least once every two months last year. There again I
could go on about Kodak UK who actually started to return the magazines I
regularly sent to their PR department because they said that there was
no-one there they could think of to whom it would be appropriate to receive
them.

Ed Buziak / Publisher
Camera & Darkroom magazine

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk