Subject: Re: [Leica] Shades of hoods!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:00:51 -0700

folk,

just to weigh in on the issue, like most i don't like the collapsable hood
on the current summicron 50 because it collapses too easily, like when it
comes into contact with my coat when i'm wearing the camera under my
jacket. i wish that it would 'lock into place' with a twist, like the old
elmar sm lenses.

i personally would not be interested in adding a focusing tab to the lens,
however. while i like it on the summicron 35 asph and the elmarit 24 asph,
as well as on the old sm lenses (even on the cosina skopar 25, which is
weird since you can't focus with the lens), i find that i *don't* use it
when i'm using the summarit, which has a focusing tab and is more or less
the size of the summicron. for some reason, my fingers instantly grab the
lens barrel and forsake the tab...

guy