Subject: Re: [Leica] get the shot or walk on by?
From: Jeff Spirer <jeff@spirer.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:21:46 -0700

At 06:51 PM 4/11/00 -0400, rnkramer@mindspring.com wrote:
>B.D., does it really make a difference?  It seems to me that to take the
>shot, and worse, publish it would be sensationalism in the extreme and in
>extremely poor taste.   I don't think I would consider such a shot
>photojournalism by any stretch of the imagination.

I disagree.  If the shot can tell us something about ourselves, or that
person, there is no reason not to take it and publish it.  In many
countries, death is far more commonplace an experience and there are many
photographs of the dead.  It is not a matter of respect or disrespect, it
can be about our feelings about life, death, our own mortality, our grief,
and everything else.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/