Subject: [Leica] 75 F1.4 vs. 90 F2 Apo Asph: Best with M6?
From: Mitch Halpern <mhalpern@mgw-mp.sric.sri.com>
Date: 14 Apr 00 14:00:39 -0700

Hello all:

Now that I am getting my feet wet with the M6 TTL (0.72) and the 35 F2
Summicron, the question arises as to the relative merits (once my bank
account recovers ;-) of the 75 F1.4 vs the new 90 F2. My concerns are in two
different directions: One dealing with the ability to focus accurately at
F1.4 with the 0.72 model (vs at F2 with the 90mm) and the second dealing
with the photographic characteristics of each lens (sharpness, color
rendition, contrast, etc.)

BTW, though I am essentially a newbie lurker, I must say that I am
gathering a lot of interesting info/opinions from this users' group.

Thanks for your advice.

Mitch