Subject: [Leica] The Case of the "Disappearing Briteline"
From: "Mitchell Halpern" <dotcalm@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:50:24 -0700

Howdy LUGers:
I just purchased a 90mm Elmarit to go along with my 35mm Summicron Asph.
When looking through the viewfinder with the Elmarit mounted, the right
vertical briteline plays "hard to see". Basically, if I look straight
through the finder, that briteline is essentially invisible, becoming  more
visible as I shift my eye around. This strikes me as inconvenient at best
(don't have this problem with the 35mm lines) and defective at worst. The
body involved is an M6 TTL with 0.72 mag.

Is this "normal" behavior, or is it time to for the camera to take a journey
to Jersey? (well, at least after my vacation.....)

Thanks,
Mitch