Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: making contact prints
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:56:36 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 21/4/00 12:35 AM, Jim Brick at jimbrick@photoaccess.com wrote:
>
> > His solution was to make 16x20 proof sheets. He had an old Elwood 8x10
> > enlarger. He put his 35mm neg strips in the 8x10 glass negative carrier and
> > made a 16x20 print. His 35mm proofs looked like Medium Format proofs. His
> > customers liked them also.
>
> Joe's Basement will do this for you in London... I've had it done a few
> times. The only problem is the sheets are so damn big. For looking at 35mm
> contacts casually I like those light-gathering loupes... for up close I use
> either a linen tester or a reversed 50mm lens.
>
> --
> Johnny Deadman

I have delivered many 16x20 contact sheets to clients when i have shot their "events."
I make them in the rental lab.
I roll them up and put them in a cardboard tube for them.
16x20 is kinda big but Minor White considered 20x24 to be non-archival because
they were too "big."
16x20 is handy in comparison.
If you lived in the high desert 20x24's might seem small!
Mark Rabiner