Subject: Re: [Leica] Hazed
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 14:58:29 -0500

John can certainly clean up an old lens if the haze is removable and not etched
into a surface, and I gather can refinish and recoat a surface if it needs that
(he quoted me $150 per surface recently).  If it only needs disassembly for
internal cleaning but not recoating, Sherry Krauter does that work as well.  She
recently cleaned  internal haze out of a Focotar enlarging lens that has been on
my enlarger for 30 years.  Cost was $75 plus postage, and it looks like new.
Others probably do this as well, but I've only had experience with Sherry on this
work.

Cheers,
Kip