Subject: [Leica] Pay Pal payments
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:38:07 -0500

As an occasional buyer and seller of Leica (OT) gear on ebay, I see the
logos for the Pay Pal service, that lets buyers use credit cards instead
of sending checks, etc.  It says it's a free service for both sides of
the deal, and I guess if they say so it is, but I'm old enough to know
that somebody (normally the merchant) pays real money to have credit
card transactions processed, and I'm wondering where this money comes
from with Pay Pal?  (I know the old line, we lose money on every sale
but make it up in volume, but I don't think the credit card charges ever
go to zero no matter how large the volume.)

Anybody know anything about the economics of this service?  Anybody had
any experience with using it, as either a buyer or seller?

Cheers,
Kip