Subject: Re: [Leica] archival quality of XP2 or Tmax400CN
From: Edward Gosfield III <egosfield@core.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:44:06 -0400

Phototechniques this month has a review of B&W films, and says that
chromogenic films should not be regarded as more archival than other
color negative films, and they further assert that they have seen XP
negatives which have degenerated to the point of unprintability.

My XP1 and XP2 negs are less than a decade old, and are not noticeably
changed from original -- at least the same enlarger settings and
exposure times still worked last time i printed them.  I will be
switching back to halide films however, due to their perceivable
superiority in accutance compared to chromogenics.

to paraphrase Robert Johnson, "I don't care what you do with my
negatives, babe, after i die"

ted gosfield

"Hans-Peter.Lammerich" wrote:

> It is the preceived opinion that conventional, silver based b&w negatives will
> last longer than chromogenic films.

- --
mailto:egosfield@core.com
Everything has been written, but not