Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35 Summicron v. Lux
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:59:00 -0400

Velvia is a very slow film -- ASA 50 if I remember correctly.  But I figure
you can always shoot Provia F 100 and get your one stop increase that way.  (I
ordered the 'cron, so I am biased though.)  I really like Provia, and also the
new Kodak Ektachrome VS 100.  If I'm shooting medium format I prefer the
Provia simply because Fuji film has a sort of DX coding arrangement on the
paper leader that sets my camera's speed, and also better spools.  It ain't no
big deal though.  Either one of these gives great chromes.