Subject: [Leica] Re: diopter lens for the M viewfinder
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:08:09 +0100

From: Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com> wrote:

>I can't understand why people mention the problems of seeing
framelines when you can get diopter lenses to remove the need to wear
glasses when using the M6.

As Tina explained, some of us need glasses to see the camera controls.
However there are other problems.

Diopter lenses can only correct for long or short sight, but not for
astigmatism. Though I recall reading that it's possible (or was
possible?) to get a holder which would mount a custom-ground lens
against the M eyepiece.

Of course, without glasses, some of us have a very "fuzzy" view of the
world, so the chances of stumbling while picture-taking would be
increased.

But for folks needing only moderate correction and having no
astigmatism, a diopter lens will work well, particularly with that
28mm frame.

Enjoy your M6 when it arrives!

Regards

Doug Richardson