Subject: Re: [Leica] LS2000 scanner
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:22:06 -0400

At 05:00 AM 4/28/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina, Henning
>as you are the Nikon LS2000 scanner guru's can you answer a couple of
>questions please?
>1. The scanner is available (in the UK) with and without silverfast
>software. Is this the laserfast software which has been recently discussed
>on thee LUG? Is it worth the 250 pounds extra it costs - I use a Mac btw.
>2. Is there a way to scan 24x65 (X-pan) transparencies (my favourite
>picture from Vancouver, Henning, are the countryside up north and at least
>half are X-pan shots)
>TIA Frank

Hi, Frank -

Yes, it's the same software.  I bought it separately for over $500.  The
more I use it, the more I appreciate what it can do.  I still can't batch
scan with it because you have to buy additional software for $200 more to
batch scan, but for critical scans, I use it all the time.

I mount all of my film in 35mm slide mounts to scan it.  You can use the
film strip adapter to scan two to six frames on a 35mm strip.  That might
do the 24x65.  There is also an adapter to scan IX240 film which I believe
is the APS type film.

Hope this helps!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP