Subject: Re: [Leica] LS2000 scanner
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:18:22 -0700

At 5:00 AM -0400 4/28/00, Frank Dernie wrote:
>Tina, Henning
>as you are the Nikon LS2000 scanner guru's can you answer a couple of
>questions please?
>1. The scanner is available (in the UK) with and without silverfast
>software. Is this the laserfast software which has been recently discussed
>on thee LUG? Is it worth the 250 pounds extra it costs - I use a Mac btw.
>2. Is there a way to scan 24x65 (X-pan) transparencies (my favourite
>picture from Vancouver, Henning, are the countryside up north and at least
>half are X-pan shots)
>TIA Frank

I have only done a bit of trial work with the Silverfast software. It
didn't do that much for me. I prefer taking raw scans at 48bits into
Photoshop, as I feel more comfortable doing the corrections there. Maybe
with greater familiarity I could do more, but at the price I'm not that
willing to experiment.

No, there is no way to directly scan 65mm film. It can be scanned as two
sections and joined, which will work as long as you have all automatic
correction turned off.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com