Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 shutter technique
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:51:51 -0400

I do a lot of night photography and I find the mirror lockup useful. I
also like to use the timer. One of the things I like about the R8 versus
the Canon 1N and its recently released replacement is that the mirror
lockup is set through use of a lever on the front of the camera. The
Canon has commands to do the same, but nothing as convenient as obvious
as a lever. Convenient to use, I dare say whereas the Canon's command
for this is part of its electronic nightmare.

The R8's timer is also easy to use. I like it a lot. In fact, I like the
camera a lot. I had thought at first that it would be too heavy. It
isn't. It feels great to hold,  and I like using it on a tripod for
studio work as well. The lenses are wonderful as well, especially the
100mm and the 70-180.

doug nygren