Subject: Re: [Leica] (Xtol) Why 1+3 dilution ?
From: "Julian Thomas" <Mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 18:43:29 +0100

> I'm told that it increases film speed by 1/3 to 1/2 a stop.  This is why I
> use it with the Neopan 1600 - to squeeze that
> extra ounce of speed out of it.  I rate the film at 1200 and develop using
> Xtol 1:3.
>
> Is it correct?  I'm not sure.  The Film Development Cookbook might tell
you.

> Regards
> Gareth Jolly

hi gareth,

According to the *.PDF download from the Kodak site 1:1 'will provide
slightly greater film speed, enhanced sharpness and shadow detail, and
slightly more grain'. 1:3 'will generally provide less film speed shadow
details, with slightly enhanced sharpness and slightly more grain.' (p2)

ope this helps

Julian

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] (Xtol) Why 1+3 dilution ?)