Subject: [Leica] Demo M6
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 19:18:45 +0200

Hi everybody

I've found on the the web (http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica/) that
several special Demo M6 bodies have been produced, i.e. Italy Demo (picture
at www.leicatime.com) and Benelux Demo; both are BLACK bodies and it seems
there is also perhaps a Deutchland Demo version.
I own a M6 Demo Benelux - SILVER body (serial number is 217512X) with the
Benelux map on top cover and the European flag (1x1 cm blue square with 12
golden stars) in front of the accessory attachment. It's also engraved
"Leica Demo Ausrustung Benelux 96" but according to Stephen Gandy
(Cameraquest) it was made in 1995. The additional text and the map are
filled with dark blue (instead of black for the speed dial).
I don't know how many were produced. Mine was sold with 35 Summicron
pre-ASPH without special engraving.
Does anyone have more info about the Demo M6 bodies and other bodies with
coloured drawnings like the European flag?

Thanks in advance.

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be