Subject: [Leica] Re: Long Leica glass
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 17:34:25 -0700

At 01:36 AM 5/14/00 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>but a 300 I've never owned and that's a whole different ballgame.
>I've got a 200 AI f4 Nikor a sleeper lens which doesn't exactly capture
any ones
>imagination but a VERY adequate performer which I got for a song and could
sell
>for a few notes.
>That's my longest lens!
>Mark Rabiner

I own a Leica 350/4.8 Telyt-R and a 2x APO extender. The 350 is a real
sleeper. I was made with special glass in some of the elements, APO glass,
but not all of the elements so it wasn't called an APO lens. But I can
attest to the fact that it performs like an APO telephoto. It is a superb
Leica lens. And it performs equally well at 700mm with the 2x APO extender.
My first "fine art" sale was a 16x20 Cibachrome print from a slide made
with this lens. It was sold to the wife of a Leica NJ director.

At one time I also had a 280/2.8 APO with 1.4 APO extender. It was a pain
to carry around and I found myself using the 350 instead of the 280. So I
sold the 280. The 350 is all the long glass that I have ever needed. And
it's pretty long with the 2x at 700mm.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@wyoming.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Long Leica glass)
Message from Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)