Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: London and Paris Trip - caveats about thieves?
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:51:25 +0200

Watch out for pick-pocket thieves. They work in the transport system during rush hours. My wife lost her wallet and passport in the London subway.
In Europe, I think a more sophisticated type of theft is more common than snatch-and-run. Some people cooperate, like one pretends to fall in front of you, and after you and others bent down and helped him up, you will discover that your wallet is gone.
There are lots of variations of this con, like selling, bumping, begging or changing money with you on the street. While one person distracts you, another will search your pockets. They specialize on tourists, and are very clever in their "trade".

So, You should worry more about your wallet than your camera!  My wallet and credit card is always kept in a zipped pocket, but I have never felt any need to worry about my camera bag.

Hans