Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters/adapters for E55 and E60
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 07:57:32 -0500

once upon a time David Prakel wrote:

> However I would like something to fit my 60mm Macro-Elmarit (55mm dia) and
> 35-70 Vario Elmar f4 (60mm dia). I can just about find 55mm filter but why
> are there no 60mm filters available other than Hassleblad 60mm bayonet? It
> would be nice to use something like the Cokin holder with an adapter to fit
> both lenses but though there are 55mm to various other diameter filter
> adapters, 60mm is not one of them.

Lee makes a selection of filters that work in the Cokin P filter holder.
The selection is very good and includes a graduated filter.  The thing I
like about the Lee system, esp with the graduated filter is that you can
slide it up and down controlling where the graduate darkening occurs, very
handy.  You can get a 60-62 step ring and use the 62 mm P holder...these are
made, just kinda hard to find, I have one laying around the house here
somewhere  that I keep just incase I need to stick a color correction filter
on my Noctilux.

Also If you have several lenses with different filter sizes all you need to
do is get different size "P" rings and use the same filter on all
lenses...much cheaper than getting a filter of different sizes for all
lenses.

I used this system on my Leica lenses back when I had the Leica R stuff and
still use it on my EOS stuff.  Just be careful that when you have the holder
on the 24 that it is square or you will get vignetting.

The Filter Connection sells this all of this stuff including the 60-62 step
ring.  I do not have their contact info, but I am sure someone on list has
it.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net