Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: velvia vs. provia
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:41:19 -0500

once upon a time Jim Brick wrote:

> Provia is a mild Velvia at ISO 100 instead of 40. Less saturation, more
> tolerant of exposure variances, whites are cleaner, skin is truer, etc. For
> 35mm handheld photography, I prefer Fuji MS 100/1000 at 200. My Fuji rep
> says that Provia F at 200 will be even better. He gave some to me but I
> haven't tried it yet.

And even better are the new Kodak E100 films, 100SW, 100VS and 100S.  I tend
to shoot mostly 100SW and 100VS.  Velvia is just way too contrasty for my
tastes and I have shot untold thousands of rolls of Velvia over the last 6
years...the magazine company I worked for only shot velvia...finally just
before I quit I got them to start shooting some Kodak films.

I really like those new Kodak chromes and the new Portra ain't bad either.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net

Replies: Reply from "leicar8" <leicar8@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: velvia vs. provia)