Subject: Re: [Leica] Herr Grant is von Deutchland wieder da. Trip report!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:43:26 -0700

>Howdy Jim and others,
>Yep I'm back, pooped and dragging after a hectic two and half weeks of
>traveling the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Germany on an almost
>never ending picture taking romp.

>The only "ugly event" was the unfortunate destruction, yep I mean this
>is a real crash and burn now paper weight 80-200 lens event!  How bad
>was it? The service tech at Leica in Solms said,  "we don't even want it
>for salvaged parts!"

Am I glad to be home? Yes as always, but ever the itchy foot to wander
>returns within a couple of weeks and we'll be gone again.
>
>Anyone want to buy an 80-200 paper weight? :-)  Maybe I should put it on Ebay!
>
>ted

ted,

you mean: 'anyone want to buy a MINT-  80-200 leica paper-weight lens!!!
RARE!!! L@@K!!! WOW!!!'

welcome back from what sounds like a great trip. you were missed here on
the lug, where we had to talk about n**** f5s til the cows came home
WITHOUT you! (poor guy!)

guy

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Herr Grant is von Deutchland wieder da. Trip report!)