Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Wedding film b/w
From: Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 06:14:32 -0500

George Huczek wrote:

            My preference for wedding is to avoid
            the C41 films.  Some wedding photographers
            don't store negatives, but wedding photos
            are worth shooting with conventional
            silver-based films so they will be
            around for at least a few generations,
            just in case the need arises to make reprints.

George,

You get no argument from me about C41 and permanence. But as
noted in my post, I am not the photographer of record. I am the
"Grandfather of Record." Chances are the photographer will
deliver dye-based prints made from dye-based negatives.

My prints, albeit made from dye-based (XP2) negs are still
silver-based prints and will be around long after both me and the
C41 stuff have faded.

Steele

Message from George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> ([Leica] Re: Wedding film b/w)