Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris et al
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 22:48:15 +0200

Sorry about violating my self-imposed rule about off-topic posts, but those
LUGgers who have met me will know that food and beer and extremely
important to me ;-)

As any civilized beer drinker knows, Belgium brews the BEST beer in the
world, and there is no purity law a la Germany. In fact, it is the absence
of such a law which allows Belgian brewers to make all the wonderful, weird
varieties that exist there. Cheese is regulated in France (there is an
Appelation Controlée system like for wine). McDonalds is the same
everywhere (and it has its place too, particularly when you are driving
home from a soccer game with a hungry 10-year old) but in Belgium you can
have a beer with your Big Mac.

Nathan

Rich Lahrson wrote:

>      Yes, and Germany has strict laws about brewing beer, hundreds
> of years on the books.  Here in the US, there's no regulation and
> the beer is sludge.  Also, cheese, we have Velvita, not a top contenter
> for the cheese gourmet.  Then there's MacDonald's hamburgers....
> well you have THAT as well.  Are they regulated differently in
> Europe than the US?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman

Message from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Paris et al)