Subject: Re: [Leica] that LUG photo competition
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:59:54 -0400

In some cases, yes, but you'd be surprised by the amount of technical
expertise on this list, so what at first glance may appear to be a hopeless
problem requiring professional service may actually only need a 5 minutes
worth of tinkering.  Personally speaking, I had a case of terribly out of
focus photographs from my 75/1.4.  I posted the problem to the list, even
posting an URL with a sample JPG.  I had no idea what the problem was.  It
turned out to be a loose front element which was easily fixed.  Perhaps
someone else on the list had a similar experience, and could relate to me.
Sometimes it's just a case of misery looking for company.  Also, what may
seem like a trivial problem may turn out to be wide spread, and a sign of a
quality control problem that LUGers may want to know about.

I'd much rather read a well meaning post from someone who needs help with
his/her camera, even though the obvious solution is a trip to a repair
center, than pointless debates pitting one camera against another, or
whatever.

Dan C.

At 06:23 AM 24-05-00 -1100, Takeshi Hashimoto wrote:
[snip]
>Secondly, it seems as though many posts on this list dealing with
technical problems should be directed to Leica repair. "The advance lever
on my M-3 feels sloppy" hardly qualifies as a useful post on this list. It
would probably cut down a bit on unnecessary posts. Am I wrong here?

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> ([Leica] "Unnecessary Posts??")