Subject: Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:06:53 -0400

The following may sound like heresy, but I recently pronted some 8x10
prints from medium format negatives.  This was my first darkroom work in
months.  Pretty well all of my 35mm work is now printed on my Epson 1270.
I've become accustomed to the look of my digital prints, and I must say
that the silver darkroom prints were very disappointing.  Technically, the
prints were OK.  Nice tonality, nothing that anyone would complain about.
The b/w prints I've made recently with my 1270 simply seem richer than the
darkroom prints (admittedly made on RC paper, not fibre based).  The Epson
blacks seem much blacker, and the whites sparkle just that bit more.   And
the Epson prints are on 8 1/2 x 11 paper rather than 8x10 and seem just a
bit more impressive from a size point of view.

Anyways, JMHO

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from "Bill Butz" <WILLIAMBUTZ@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me)
Reply from cec@vbe.com (Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me)