Subject: Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:32:50 -0700

Bill Butz wrote:
>     Have you heard about the new Epson 2000P They are saying the prints have
> a life of 100 years. Cost is 899. I want to try some Kodachrome but will
> have to get a 35mm scanner. I have tried not to get too much stuff as it is
> expensive, has a long learning curve and is obsolete in three weeks!

Hi Bill,

     How true of computer stuff in general!  I'd like to get into it, but
it would mean a major investment, dumbing my trusty 486 plus old monitor.
I figure I'd have to start from scratch.

     The 'up' side of obsoleteness is that the old stuff may still be
ok, and sells for cheap when it's second-hand.  Like, remember 'hand'
scanners?  Not so many years ago, and now, they're totally obsolete.

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net

Message from "Bill Butz" <WILLIAMBUTZ@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me)