Subject: Re: [Leica] Use of Soft Releases
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:01:22 -0400

At 10:04 PM 5/24/00 -0700, John "Deadman" Brownlow wrote:
>I was amazed when I first screwed one of TA's soft releases into my M.
><snip>... Omigod!! Why didn't I do this sooner. <snip> I personally found
>it a radical improvement.

I'll second that motion.

Got the TA Softie (http://www.rapidwinder.com/) that I ordered (thanks for
the suggestion Gary and the fast shipping Tom) two days ago and I couldn't
be happier!  I also got a bonus Red 'birthday celebration' Softie that Tom
threw in for all the orders rec'vd that day. (This saved me from waiting
for another to arrive once I found out how much I needed them and ordered
more.)

The black Softie makes the shutter release much easier to fire and adds a
better feel to the weaker ergonomics of the larger frame M5. I also put the
Red Softie on the CL mostly because it looks cool and so that it will have
the same shutter feel (size wise) as the M5.

I'm fairly new to the world of Leitz, but It's hard to think of a better
way to spend $10 to improve the Leica experience. Leica should fit all of
their bodies with Tom's Softies.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com