Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie question on M
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:56:27 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/00 7:28:26 AM, le@ilog.fr writes:

>Obviously the film wasn't caught in the take up spool. What is the best
>way to
>check a loaded M6 that the film is actually advancing ?

I'm a relative newcomer to Leica M cameras but there is one thing I am
absolutely convinced of: ANY attempt to ensure the film is going to load
properly BEFORE you close the bottom is almost guaranteed to screw up the

1.) Stretch the film across and place the leader within the claw (no crimps
necessary)
2.) Make sure the sprocket holes are more or less lined up with the sprockets
- -- seat the film cartridge if necessary.
3.) Close bottom
4.) Fire and wind. Look for rewind knob to turn.

In my experience if you make any attempt to fire and wind before the bottom
plate is in place you're asking for trouble. It really is very simple . . .

Bob (hasn't botched a load yet) McEowen

Replies: Reply from "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Newbie question on M)