Subject: [Leica] Summicron 2/35 pre-asph answers
From: Franck Maubuisson <fmaubuis@club-internet.fr>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:25:40 +0200

Thanks a lot for all your answers about the summicron -

It is true that the best aperture is f/4 or f/5,6 and that it's not bad - I've used this summicron  for years as it is but always thought it wasn't worth its price. I used other 35mm lenses with much better results (canon FD 2/35 especially), and I also get sharper looking images  with the 2/50 mm
summicron and with my new 4/25 mm cosina.
Maybe buying a Summicron was a game of chance but I thought Leica quality control was top level...

Thanks again for your answers.