Subject: [Leica] Extra padding for Domke inserts
From: "Marthe & Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 13:00:11 -0400

Here is my solution for using a Domke insert in a non-Domke bag.

Since the bottom of the Domke bags are padded their inserts are only padded
on the sides and in-between the compartments. The Timbuk2 courier bag I
currently use is unpadded.  I went to my local computer store and bought a
new $5 mouse pad. The mouse pads are made of neoprene covered on one side by
black felt.  I cut small squares to fit the bottom of the Domke insert
compartments.  My wife used a needle and thread to attach each to the
bottom. One mouse pad allowed me to make enough inserts for our three
different Domke inserts. Now our lens sit on this neoprene inside each
compartment and are protected from all sides except the top.

Rene