Subject: [Leica] OT: Alternative Formats to 24X36mm
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:22:49 -0400

At 12:01 AM 6/1/00 -0700, Jim Brick wrote:
>Professional photographers, usually use multiple equipment formats, 35mm,
>MF, and LF.

Which brought to my mind..."Hey I wonder what other Medium or Large Format
Leica Photographers prefer."

So how about it? Good topic?

I have sold all of my pro MF equipment to help feed my newly found
expensive leitz camera habit. (I had an RB67 Pro S and a C330 outfit.) I
now shoot almost exclusively 35mm (finding it hard to give up my SLRs for
Macro and extreme tele work, but once my M system is gathered, I'm thinking
now about getting into an R system as well to replace my venerable small
"m" Minoltas.)

The only MF that I have now is my trusty Yashica 124G. On occasion I have a
call for a large negative but the Yashica is difficult to wield with any
speed, so I am looking forward to checking out the new Fujifilm GA645Zi
camera so that I don't have to mess around collecting a lot of new
equipment. (It's an all in one autofocus/exposure RF 645 with a built in
55-90mm (slow) zoom.) As I would rarely have call to use MF professionally,
why not have something completely convenient?

What do you Leica shooters (trying to stay somewhat on topic) like for MF
work when forced away from a 24X36mm image?

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com

Replies: Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: Alternative Formats to 24X36mm)