Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Info
From: jcoleman@interport.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 14:26:22 -0400

Evan J Dong wrote:

> I was told that there is a slight tinge of dirt in the viewfinder. I
> would assume that the glass prism would require either re silvering or re
> cementing of the glass.

Look at it closely.  One of the problems with the SL is the balsam (glue) in the
viewfinder deteriorating.  This manifests itself by brown around the edges of
the viewfinder.  If this is the case, I would not buy the camera unless it is
really cheap and you are prepared to have the viewfinder fixed which I think is
around $500.

Jay Coleman

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Info)