Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production..CRIPES!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:30:18 -0400

If Leica staff reported this, I have no reason to question it.   However.....

I had heard (therefore, it must be true  ;-) ) that 2000 units were
originally planned for, but that the aspherical elements were made before
the rest of the lens, and they had a hard time matching the elements with
the remaining lens components, resulting in a high rate of rejection.

Dan C.