Subject: [Leica] Need equipment suggestion
From: "Clompus, Dr. Richard [SLGUS]" <RCLOMPUS@SLGUS.JNJ.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:05:35 -0400

Fellow LUGnuts,

I am planning a two week trip with my family to southern Bavaria (Germany)
in August.  I hope to visit the Alps from three different countries and get
some time on a BMW R1100RT rental bike.  When ever I travel, I always pack
too much Leica gear.  My bag is always too heavy and I end up using only 1-2
lenses anyway.  I've got a rather large assortment to choose from when it
comes to bodies and lenses from both systems as well as a Contax T2 and
TVSII.  .

If you could take only 1-2 lenses from an R or M system, what would you
take?  It may sound silly to many but I'm getting tired of carrying a 15
pound camera bag.  It wasn't so bad when I was a college kid (mostly Canon
gear then) but at 46 I'd rather walk more and feel better at night.  Perhaps
I should change from drinking single malt scotch to Weis Beir and schnaps
when in Germany.

Thanks.

Happy shooting,

Richard