Subject: [Leica] Noctilux vs Summilux
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:52:06 -0600

I have resisted posting to this thread until now, because I own neither
lens, but would just like to add that, when this has come up in the past,
several Noctilux owners have commented that the weight of the Noctilux
enables the use of the same shutter speeds as the 35mm Summilux. This would
make the Noctilux two effective stops faster than the 50 Summilux (not
withstanding subject motion). I believe Dick Gilcreast also mentioned this
in the last Viewfinder.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Gabriele Müller <hepac@bluewin.ch> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux vs Summilux)
Reply from "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux vs Summilux)