Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 100 barcode?!
From: "AWSteg" <upstream1@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:35:52 -0400

On some mini-lab printers it tells the operator which pre-set (Konica has a
set of keys) to set the printer to so that the prints are biased (by an
intelligent factory operator who set the presets) correctly.  I have seen
this on the Konica only. It helps most of these one hour labs who hire
people with one hour of experience produce a decent print from various films
be it color or B&W.

However, after finding this and getting some good reference prints form some
chromgenic B&W of both flavors I went back and the prior operator was gone
and the new operator looked at me like I was talking Greek when I asked him
if he used the key for the proper film (my B&W prints were magenta).  He had
no idea what I was talking about.

Al Stegmeyer