Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Effective Base
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:44:24 -0700

John Collier wrote:
> Once again Stephen Gandy comes to our rescue:
> http://www.cameraquest.com/leica.htm
> The rangefinder is magnified on screw mount Leicas (1.5x) while the
> viewfinder is less than life size.

Hi John,

     And thanks, I checked the site above;  the screw mount Leicas are
just slightly less than an M3, slightly more than the M2.

     What does Steve Gandy mean by 'later models (than M3 or M2) have
depth of field scales visible in viewfinder?  I've used M3, M2 and
an M4-2; there's no scales in the finder.

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net

Replies: Reply from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Effective Base)